Monday, 26 April 2021 - Do you remember when the first magnificent chapter in The Book of Wisdom was written? With 2012 widely considered as one of the most iconic years in the history of Tomorrowland, the festival is now paying homage to one of the most popular Tomorrowland themes of all time: ‘The Book of Wisdom – The first chapter’. TML by Tomorrowland – the apparel & accessories label behind the music festival – presents the limited edition ‘2012 Tribute Collection’ with vintage apparel inspired by ‘The Book of Wisdom’, as well as an exclusive vinyl compilation with the most iconic tracks of the 2012 edition.
Travel back in time with the ‘2012 Aftermovie Soundtrack’ 2LP vinyl set, which features the best tracks of this magnificent year by Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Laidback Luke, Steve Aoki, Swedish House Mafia, Yves V and many more. A magical trip down memory lane, all within a beautifully detailed packaging – a must-have for any vinyl collector!
Continuing the tribute to the year 2012, TML by Tomorrowland has curated 4 statement pieces – including 3 vintage t-shirts, 1 vintage hoodie and a couple of nice accessories – for a bold & vintage look. Each design features a large screen-print of the 2012 Mainstage on the chest, as an ode to one of the most legendary stories ever told in the history of Tomorrowland: the first chapter in ‘The Book of Wisdom’.
Discover the entire 2012 Tribute Collection, now exclusively available on store.tomorrowland.com.
Journey back to Tomorrowland 2012 with 10 fun facts!
1) The Mainstage at Tomorrowland 2012 was centered around a giant bookshelf with one of the books coming alive and speaking to the crowd via huge eyes which overlooked the entire audience.
2) The 2012 Book of Wisdom Mainstage measured 130 meters in width and 28 meters in height.
3) Tomorrowland was awarded ‘Best Music Festival’ for the first time at the International Dance Music Awards in Miami in 2012, officially becoming the most global festival on earth.
4) Two million people visited the website of the festival when ticket sales opened up, hoping to score a ticket for the 2012 edition – over 10 times more than the number of available tickets.
5) Tomorrowland launched its own YouTube channel in 2012, broadcasting DJ sets, interviews and behind-the-scenes features. With well over 8 million people from around the world tuning in to Tomorrowland’s first-ever livestream during the festival, Tomorrowland quickly became the most-watched music festival on the planet.
6) The Tomorrowland 2012 Official Aftermovie is still the most popular aftermovie in the festival’s history, currently at 168 million views and still counting.
7) The line-up of Tomorrowland in 2012 consisted of 400 artists playing on 15 different stages each day, including Armin van Buuren, Afrojack, Avicii, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Hardwell, NERVO, Skrillex, Steve Aoki, Swedish House Mafia and many more.
8) Tomorrowland 2012 welcomed 180.000 People of Tomorrow from over 70 countries around the world – tickets sold out in minutes.
9) Tomorrowland kicked off its travel program ‘Global Journey’ in 2012, offering special travel packages with flights & trains and bringing more than 2.500 festivalgoers from over 15 different cities around the world to Belgium.
10) In 2012, Tomorrowland partnered with Brussels Airlines to organize the first-ever Tomorrowland Party Flights.